Coffee Bavarian Cream
From EatingWell: January/February 1994
This creamy Kahlùa-spiked coffee dessert is perfect for hot summer nights.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, preferably espresso or French roast
- 1 tablespoon KahlÃºa, or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Stir coffee granules, coffee liqueur and warm water in a small heatproof cup or bowl until the granules have dissolved. Sprinkle gelatin over the mixture and set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, dry milk, confectioners’ sugar and ice water in a blender; blend on low speed until smooth.
- Set the bowl containing the coffee mixture in a small skillet of simmering water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add to the cream cheese mixture in the blender and combine briefly. Add 4 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth. If at this point the mixture has not begun to thicken, add an additional ice cube and blend. Divide the mixture between 4 dessert dishes or wineglasses and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle each portion with a little cinnamon and serve.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- January/February 1994