Coffee Bavarian Cream
From EatingWell: January/February 1994
This creamy Kahlùa-spiked coffee dessert is perfect for hot summer nights.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, preferably espresso or French roast
- 1 tablespoon KahlÃºa, or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Stir coffee granules, coffee liqueur and warm water in a small heatproof cup or bowl until the granules have dissolved. Sprinkle gelatin over the mixture and set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, dry milk, confectioners’ sugar and ice water in a blender; blend on low speed until smooth.
- Set the bowl containing the coffee mixture in a small skillet of simmering water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add to the cream cheese mixture in the blender and combine briefly. Add 4 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth. If at this point the mixture has not begun to thicken, add an additional ice cube and blend. Divide the mixture between 4 dessert dishes or wineglasses and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle each portion with a little cinnamon and serve.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- January/February 1994