Coffee Bavarian Cream
From EatingWell: January/February 1994
This creamy Kahlùa-spiked coffee dessert is perfect for hot summer nights.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, preferably espresso or French roast
- 1 tablespoon KahlÃºa, or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Stir coffee granules, coffee liqueur and warm water in a small heatproof cup or bowl until the granules have dissolved. Sprinkle gelatin over the mixture and set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, dry milk, confectioners’ sugar and ice water in a blender; blend on low speed until smooth.
- Set the bowl containing the coffee mixture in a small skillet of simmering water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add to the cream cheese mixture in the blender and combine briefly. Add 4 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth. If at this point the mixture has not begun to thicken, add an additional ice cube and blend. Divide the mixture between 4 dessert dishes or wineglasses and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle each portion with a little cinnamon and serve.
Per serving: 176 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 135 mg sodium; 229 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- January/February 1994