I have been going to the gym in the mornings and don't like to eat a meal before I go but need something to keep my blood sugar stable. This shake took moments to make in a blender and was quite tasty. I was expecting it to be bland but the coffee and banana had a lovely taste and I didn't need to add sugar. This was pleasant alternative to can of slim shake that I used to have and without the sugar, and additives.
Coffee-Banana Tofu Shake
From EatingWell: May/June 1997
Start your morning off right with this protein-rich shake.
2 Reviews for Coffee-Banana Tofu Shake
Didn't know what to think at first but I've just made this smothie as a snack and I absolutely love it. I didn't have a smoothie maker but I just mashed up all the ingredients (although i didn't put sugar in it - was already quite sweet :D ) and ate it with a spoon from a bowl. I also added a few chopped up brazil nuts and I think when I make it again I'll try it with a few oats tossed in. Very filling and healthy. Def would recommend!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)