My grocery store was out of scallions the day I planned on making this. I decided to omit the scallions and thyme and use basil as was suggested. I used Tilapia as my base and served over whole wheat orzo pasta. This was the most delicious meal I think I have ever made!
Cod with Tomato Cream Sauce
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
This silky tomato sauce with a touch of cream makes mild-flavored cod sing. Serve with: Farro or rice and a salad of mixed greens.
21 Reviews for Cod with Tomato Cream Sauce
Very easy dish to make! I've not made this twice and will keep it in rotation. To prevent the brothy-ness I added another 1/2 teaspoon of corn starch. I also used basil once instead of thyme. A good alteration. I added spinach after the sauce was thicker. You could use broth instead of wine and any kind of fish! One tip: I had a few pieces of cod that were thicker then others..so the thinner pieces tasted a bit dryer. I recommend similar size pieces. I served this with couscous and a side salad and it was a hit!
Amanda, Franklin NC
Very tasty and easy dish. I made this with cod and liked the poached result. I would choose petite diced tomatoes and/or puree before adding cream, as another reviewer suggested. My sauce was very brothy, not thick as pictured. I will make it again.
This recipe was perfect, the rice soaked up the sauce and it smelled wonderful.
This was such a great dish. Flavors are subtle and perfect together. Fresh thyme both smelled and tasted great. Served over Israeli couscous with lemon zest and spinach. Looking forward to making this again for my daughter.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)