Been looking for Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. This sound like one, but I don't like V8 juice to much celery taste and sodium. What could use instead of V8 juice. Maybe Tomato juice or Boody Mary mix maybe better. I'll let you know Great recipe
Coctel de Camarones
From EatingWell: May/June 2011
This classic Mexican shrimp cocktail is usually served as a starter, but makes a quick, refreshing main dish on a busy night. Add some of your favorite hot sauce for extra kick. You can eat it immediately or chill it for up to 4 hours if you prefer it colder. Serve with: Warm corn tortillas or cheese quesadillas and your favorite hot sauce.
3 Reviews for Coctel de Camarones
Great recipe. I like my coctel a bit thick so I added some plain tomato sauce to thicken it up. Also, leave the flavor as is (no spice/heat however you call it). That way you can have some hot sauces for people to add to their portion as they please.
This was a big hit at a Mexican fiesta I had. It's quick and easy to make, and looks very pretty. I would definitely recommend the spicy V8 juice, since I used the regular and the sauce could have used an extra kick. Since I really like Mexican spices, next time I'll try adding some cayenne, Mexican chili powder and other spices. Great for a summer BBQ or potluck!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)