Coconut-Lime Chicken & Snow Peas
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Double the flavor, halve the work—simply by using the same tangy combination of coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar for both poaching the chicken and dressing the salad. Crisp romaine lettuce, cabbage and snow peas add freshness and an irresistible crunch.
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk, (see Tips for Two)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F. 2 . Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and salt in an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish. Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a large bowl; set aside. Place chicken in the baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, cilantro and onion to the large bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the coconut cooking liquid over each of the salads.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing (Step 2) will keep for up to 2 days.
- Tips for Two: Refrigerate leftover coconut milk for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Use to make extra Coconut-Lime Dressing; drizzle on sliced fresh fruit; use as some of the liquid for cooking rice; make a Pineapple-Coconut Frappe.
Per serving: 186 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 4 g fiber; 191 mg sodium; 473 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (140% daily value), Vitamin C (120% dv), Folate (40% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- EatingWell Serves Two