Coconut-Lime Chicken & Snow Peas
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Double the flavor, halve the work—simply by using the same tangy combination of coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar for both poaching the chicken and dressing the salad. Crisp romaine lettuce, cabbage and snow peas add freshness and an irresistible crunch.
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk, (see Tips for Two)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F. 2 . Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and salt in an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish. Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a large bowl; set aside. Place chicken in the baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, cilantro and onion to the large bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the coconut cooking liquid over each of the salads.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing (Step 2) will keep for up to 2 days.
- Tips for Two: Refrigerate leftover coconut milk for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Use to make extra Coconut-Lime Dressing; drizzle on sliced fresh fruit; use as some of the liquid for cooking rice; make a Pineapple-Coconut Frappe.
Per serving: 186 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 4 g fiber; 191 mg sodium; 473 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (140% daily value), Vitamin C (120% dv), Folate (40% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- EatingWell Serves Two