Coconut-Lime Chicken & Snow Peas
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Double the flavor, halve the work—simply by using the same tangy combination of coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar for both poaching the chicken and dressing the salad. Crisp romaine lettuce, cabbage and snow peas add freshness and an irresistible crunch.
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk, (see Tips for Two)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F. 2 . Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and salt in an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish. Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a large bowl; set aside. Place chicken in the baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, cilantro and onion to the large bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the coconut cooking liquid over each of the salads.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing (Step 2) will keep for up to 2 days.
- Tips for Two: Refrigerate leftover coconut milk for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Use to make extra Coconut-Lime Dressing; drizzle on sliced fresh fruit; use as some of the liquid for cooking rice; make a Pineapple-Coconut Frappe.
Per serving: 186 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 4 g fiber; 191 mg sodium; 473 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (140% daily value), Vitamin C (120% dv), Folate (40% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- EatingWell Serves Two