Coconut-Lime Chicken & Snow Peas
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Double the flavor, halve the work—simply by using the same tangy combination of coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar for both poaching the chicken and dressing the salad. Crisp romaine lettuce, cabbage and snow peas add freshness and an irresistible crunch.
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk, (see Tips for Two)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F. 2 . Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, sugar and salt in an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish. Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a large bowl; set aside. Place chicken in the baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, cilantro and onion to the large bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the coconut cooking liquid over each of the salads.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dressing (Step 2) will keep for up to 2 days.
- Tips for Two: Refrigerate leftover coconut milk for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Use to make extra Coconut-Lime Dressing; drizzle on sliced fresh fruit; use as some of the liquid for cooking rice; make a Pineapple-Coconut Frappe.
Per serving: 186 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 4 g fiber; 191 mg sodium; 473 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (140% daily value), Vitamin C (120% dv), Folate (40% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- EatingWell Serves Two