I made this for a crowd on the fourth and it was the best dish. A caterer was in the mixed and she went back for seconds. This dish will go with anything. I served it with Chinese 5 Spice Chicken, potato salad, watermelon salad with feta, mint and a balsamic glaze. It's very versatile
Coconut Creamed Corn
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Creamed corn goes tropical with coconut milk, cilantro and lime juice. We love this with the kick of crushed red pepper, but it's great without it if you don't enjoy spicy food. Try it with garlic-rubbed grilled flank steak and a vinegary Asian slaw.
8 Reviews for Coconut Creamed Corn
When I think creamed corn I think of that sloppy mess in a can we had to eat as kids (as another reviewer noted, "ugh." The use of coconut milk brings great flavor and a healthy component. That squeeze of lime is the perfect finish. I always make more than I think I will need because everyone wants more than they originally serve themselves.
I'm in the process of making this as part of my thanksgiving dinner. I just wanted to share that some may find it easier to remove the corn from the cob using a bread knife rather than a non-serrated knife (I felt I had more "traction" this way.)
I made this with canned corn and fresh lime juice in the middle of winter. It was such a delightful burst of flavor and felt really refreshing and yummy. Red pepper flakes added just the right zip to balance the sweet and tangy flavors.
Mmmm! The other reviews are right...this is so easy to make and delicious. It has a lot of fresh flavor for so little effort. I added the crushed red pepper, and it wasn't too spicy. The sweetness of the lime juice and the coconut milk cut any spiciness to just the right amount. Yum!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)