Clean Breeze Smoothie
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This refreshing smoothie is made with cucumber and kiwi and gets a kick from ginger-flavored kombucha and fresh cilantro.
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 2 ripe kiwis, peeled
- 1 cup ginger-flavored kombucha (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 ice cubes
- Combine cucumber, kiwis, kombucha, yogurt, cilantro and ice cubes in blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Look for kombucha tea near other refrigerated teas in natural foods stores and well-stocked supermarkets. Kombucha is available in many different flavors—for this smoothie we like the taste of ginger kombucha the best.
Per serving: 116 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 32 mg sodium; 424 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (101% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 reduced-fat milk
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, smoothies
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2012