Clean Breeze Smoothie
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This refreshing smoothie is made with cucumber and kiwi and gets a kick from ginger-flavored kombucha and fresh cilantro.
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 2 ripe kiwis, peeled
- 1 cup ginger-flavored kombucha (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 ice cubes
- Combine cucumber, kiwis, kombucha, yogurt, cilantro and ice cubes in blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Look for kombucha tea near other refrigerated teas in natural foods stores and well-stocked supermarkets. Kombucha is available in many different flavors—for this smoothie we like the taste of ginger kombucha the best.
Per serving: 116 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 32 mg sodium; 424 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (101% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 reduced-fat milk
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, smoothies
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- January/February 2012