From EatingWell: May/June 2012
This skinny margarita recipe saves 150 calories compared to traditional margarita recipes made with syrupy-sweet margarita mix and gets back to the basics—fresh lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec are all you need. Adding lime zest to the salt rim gives great flavor and cuts the salt in half.
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge
- 1 cup seltzer or club soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) tequila
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Combine lime zest and salt on a small plate. Combine lime juice, seltzer (or club soda), tequila and Triple Sec (or Cointreau) in a pitcher. Rub the rim of four 10-ounce glasses with the lime wedge and dip in the lime-salt. Fill the glasses with ice and top with the margarita mixture.
Per serving: 181 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 101 mg sodium; 40 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 oz alcohol
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012