This is my go-to burger recipe now. I use 93% - 96% lean ground beef, but the burgers are very moist and flavorful, due to the sauteed onion/ketchup mixture, and small amount of oil for the saute (I use olive oil, for a healthier choice.) I don't make the extra sauce, but these burgers are a giant hit with everyone EVERY TIME. My 10-year-old niece and nephew BEG me to make these, any time we visit! I hope your family will enjoy this recipe as much as mine does.
From EatingWell: May/June 2011
Slow-cooked onions add moisture and flavor to these lean beef burgers. A quick blend of mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and vinegar makes a perfect tangy, sweet and creamy “special sauce” for this burger. We love the dill relish here, but use sweet relish if you prefer it. Serve with sweet potato fries.
3 Reviews for Classic Hamburger
Made tonight for dinner, my husband said it was the best burger he ate in years.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)