From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Try this chunky orange-lime salsa on fish tacos or serve it with tortilla chips.
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon seeded and minced serrano chile
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from oranges and limes and discard. Cut the orange and lime segments from the surrounding membranes and coarsely chop.
- Gently toss the oranges, limes, cilantro, chile, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 78 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 217 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 2008