From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Try this chunky orange-lime salsa on fish tacos or serve it with tortilla chips.
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon seeded and minced serrano chile
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from oranges and limes and discard. Cut the orange and lime segments from the surrounding membranes and coarsely chop.
- Gently toss the oranges, limes, cilantro, chile, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 78 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 217 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 2008