From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Try this chunky orange-lime salsa on fish tacos or serve it with tortilla chips.
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon seeded and minced serrano chile
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from oranges and limes and discard. Cut the orange and lime segments from the surrounding membranes and coarsely chop.
- Gently toss the oranges, limes, cilantro, chile, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 78 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 217 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- March/April 2008