From EatingWell: November/December 1994
Begin the festivities with this rum-spiked fruity punch—green tea adds antioxidants and orange slices make a pretty garnish.
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons green tea leaves, or 9 green tea bags
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne, or sparkling wine
- 1 1-quart bottle chilled seltzer water
- Thinly slice both lemons and one orange. Combine the sliced fruit with rum in a bowl. Cover and let macerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in tea; let steep for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain into the rum mixture. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, slice the remaining orange. Strain the rum mixture into a large punch bowl. Add Champagne or sparkling wine and seltzer. Float the orange slices in the punch.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 260 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 65 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Gluten free
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994