From EatingWell: November/December 1994
Begin the festivities with this rum-spiked fruity punch—green tea adds antioxidants and orange slices make a pretty garnish.
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons green tea leaves, or 9 green tea bags
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne, or sparkling wine
- 1 1-quart bottle chilled seltzer water
- Thinly slice both lemons and one orange. Combine the sliced fruit with rum in a bowl. Cover and let macerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in tea; let steep for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain into the rum mixture. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, slice the remaining orange. Strain the rum mixture into a large punch bowl. Add Champagne or sparkling wine and seltzer. Float the orange slices in the punch.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 260 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 65 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Gluten free
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994