From EatingWell: November/December 1994
Begin the festivities with this rum-spiked fruity punch—green tea adds antioxidants and orange slices make a pretty garnish.
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons green tea leaves, or 9 green tea bags
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne, or sparkling wine
- 1 1-quart bottle chilled seltzer water
- Thinly slice both lemons and one orange. Combine the sliced fruit with rum in a bowl. Cover and let macerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in tea; let steep for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain into the rum mixture. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, slice the remaining orange. Strain the rum mixture into a large punch bowl. Add Champagne or sparkling wine and seltzer. Float the orange slices in the punch.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 260 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 65 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Gluten free
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994