From EatingWell: November/December 1994
Begin the festivities with this rum-spiked fruity punch—green tea adds antioxidants and orange slices make a pretty garnish.
- 2 lemons
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons green tea leaves, or 9 green tea bags
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne, or sparkling wine
- 1 1-quart bottle chilled seltzer water
- Thinly slice both lemons and one orange. Combine the sliced fruit with rum in a bowl. Cover and let macerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in tea; let steep for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain into the rum mixture. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, slice the remaining orange. Strain the rum mixture into a large punch bowl. Add Champagne or sparkling wine and seltzer. Float the orange slices in the punch.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 260 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 65 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Gluten free
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994