Reducing orange juice with shallots and rosemary intensifies its sweetness; finishing it with just a smidgen of butter makes it magically rich. This is an elegant sauce for salmon, halibut or chicken.
- 1 cup orange juice, (from 2-3 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot, (1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine orange juice, shallot and rosemary in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter, vinegar, salt and pepper; stir until the butter has melted. Serve warm.
Per tablespoon: 25 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 80 mg sodium; 73 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (26% daily value).
Exchanges: Per tablespoon: free food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation