From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Bursting with big, bold flavors of sweet orange, tangy lime and warm spices, this dressing tastes terrific splashed over spinach, bean or grain salads. It also spruces up salads containing grilled poultry and fresh fruit, such as peaches and grapes.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil, (see Ingredient note) or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Flaxseed oil, pressed from flaxseeds, is a valued as a source of omega-3 fatty acids. It is highly perishable, so store in the refrigerator and use as soon as possible. Available at natural-foods stores.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 37 mg sodium; 20 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2002