From EatingWell: Summer 2002
Bursting with big, bold flavors of sweet orange, tangy lime and warm spices, this dressing tastes terrific splashed over spinach, bean or grain salads. It also spruces up salads containing grilled poultry and fresh fruit, such as peaches and grapes.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil, (see Ingredient note) or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Flaxseed oil, pressed from flaxseeds, is a valued as a source of omega-3 fatty acids. It is highly perishable, so store in the refrigerator and use as soon as possible. Available at natural-foods stores.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 37 mg sodium; 20 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Summer 2002