I would use the berries, oj, yogurt, cinammon, and or ginger, loss the honey, berries and oj have enough sugar and vanilla and powdered milk. I switch the oj up for 1/2 banana, every other day and found it Great with baby spinach and if your not into wheat germs, etc, add a 1/3 cup of bran buds. Really good.
Citrus Berry Smoothie
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
This meal-in-a-glass smoothie is bursting with berries and orange juice, healthful sources of carbohydrate and powerful antioxidants. Getting plenty of antioxidant-rich foods makes sense for active people, since free radicals are produced any time the body's cells process oxygen.
21 Reviews for Citrus Berry Smoothie
Made as is but 2 full tablespoons of vanilla protein also, a banana for potassium, substituted dry milk for unsweetened almond milk, and a 2 full tablespoons of flaxseed for a boost.
I would skip the orange juice, substitue with freshly squeezed lime juice, reduce honey and add ginger/cinnamon powder. Yummi!
As much as I love the color of this smoothie and the fruitiness of it, but with 70 gram net carbs I will not put that in the category healthy.
I won't be making it. That's for sure! Sorry!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)