I almost didn't make this because of the calorie count, but then I added up the calories on my own and came up with 315 (didn't add the dry milk though). It was delicious! Next time I won't use so many fresh raspberries to avoid so many seeds, but strawberries with blueberries would be wonderful.
Citrus Berry Smoothie
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
This meal-in-a-glass smoothie is bursting with berries and orange juice, healthful sources of carbohydrate and powerful antioxidants. Getting plenty of antioxidant-rich foods makes sense for active people, since free radicals are produced any time the body's cells process oxygen.
21 Reviews for Citrus Berry Smoothie
430 calories? Could have had 3 beers!
I like this idea, but I like to add a dash of protein powder, that is vanilla flavor so I leave out the vanilla, and add cimmamon to aid witht the processing of all the sugar. Honey is a magic substance, but it is sugar.
made this as is but boosted the nutrition by adding a couple tablespoons of flax seed.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)