From EatingWell: May/June 1995
Try this delicious pesto on grilled fish or burgers.
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Toast almonds in a small, dry skillet over medium heat, stirring or shaking the pan almost constantly, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove almonds from the pan and let cool slightly.
- Drop garlic into a food processor or blender with the motor running. Add the toasted almonds and process until ground. Add cilantro, salt and pepper; process until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add oil, yogurt and lime juice; process until the mixture forms a paste. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 71 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 117 mg sodium; 60 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1995