From EatingWell: May/June 1995
Try this delicious pesto on grilled fish or burgers.
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Toast almonds in a small, dry skillet over medium heat, stirring or shaking the pan almost constantly, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove almonds from the pan and let cool slightly.
- Drop garlic into a food processor or blender with the motor running. Add the toasted almonds and process until ground. Add cilantro, salt and pepper; process until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add oil, yogurt and lime juice; process until the mixture forms a paste. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 71 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 117 mg sodium; 60 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 1995