The diet I'm on allows for 1/2 an avocado with dinner. I was looking for different ways to eat that avocado and this is it!
Here's what I do differently:
1. I use Greek Non Fat yogurt - higher protein, far less sugar, and adds a great, tangy taste!
2. I use honey instead of sugar - just my preference, not sure if it's really that much 'healthier'
3. I have used lemon juice and yuzu juice (bottled product found in Japanese markets) in lieu of lime juice. All work well.
4. Use a food processor instead of a blender! It's really difficult to get everything to blend using a standard blender. I found myself trying to punch down the ingredients all the time. With the food processor, no problemo.
5. Double the recipe...trust me on this one :)