this was an amazing salad dressing...loved it
Creamy Cilantro-Avocado Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
Use this tangy, creamy cilantro-avocado dressing on a salad of romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes and black beans, with crumbled tortilla chips or toasted pine nuts on top.
15 Reviews for Creamy Cilantro-Avocado Dressing
This dressing made use of stuff I had laying around, and it's insanely good. I'm already thinking about putting it on grilled chicken in the summer or just dipping veggies in it. Amazing. Can't stop tasting from the container!! Needed a little water to thin it out but that was no problem.
Why is there never any nutritional info on these recipes?
The diet I'm on allows for 1/2 an avocado with dinner. I was looking for different ways to eat that avocado and this is it!
Here's what I do differently:
1. I use Greek Non Fat yogurt - higher protein, far less sugar, and adds a great, tangy taste!
2. I use honey instead of sugar - just my preference, not sure if it's really that much 'healthier'
3. I have used lemon juice and yuzu juice (bottled product found in Japanese markets) in lieu of lime juice. All work well.
4. Use a food processor instead of a blender! It's really difficult to get everything to blend using a standard blender. I found myself trying to punch down the ingredients all the time. With the food processor, no problemo.
5. Double the recipe...trust me on this one :)
sooooo good!!!! I made some beef tacos and this guacamole was just perfect and delicious!!!!