Cider Vinegar-&-Molasses-Glazed Pork Chops
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Serve these chops, dripping with sauce, on whole-wheat rolls for a Southern-style sandwich, or serve on a plate with some coleslaw and beans. A tall glass of minty iced tea will balance out the tangy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thin-cut boneless pork chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Add pork, and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallot, jalapeno and garlic; cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add molasses, vinegar, mustard and soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Return the pork and any accumulated juices to the pan and turn to coat with sauce. Serve the pork with the sauce.
Per serving: 262 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 0 g fiber; 245 mg sodium; 693 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Potassium (20% dv), Magnesium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- EatingWell Serves Two