Cider Vinegar-&-Molasses-Glazed Pork Chops
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Serve these chops, dripping with sauce, on whole-wheat rolls for a Southern-style sandwich, or serve on a plate with some coleslaw and beans. A tall glass of minty iced tea will balance out the tangy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thin-cut boneless pork chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Add pork, and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallot, jalapeno and garlic; cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add molasses, vinegar, mustard and soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Return the pork and any accumulated juices to the pan and turn to coat with sauce. Serve the pork with the sauce.
Per serving: 262 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 0 g fiber; 245 mg sodium; 693 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Potassium (20% dv), Magnesium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- EatingWell Serves Two