Cider Vinegar-&-Molasses-Glazed Pork Chops
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Serve these chops, dripping with sauce, on whole-wheat rolls for a Southern-style sandwich, or serve on a plate with some coleslaw and beans. A tall glass of minty iced tea will balance out the tangy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thin-cut boneless pork chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Add pork, and cook until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallot, jalapeno and garlic; cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add molasses, vinegar, mustard and soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Return the pork and any accumulated juices to the pan and turn to coat with sauce. Serve the pork with the sauce.
Per serving: 262 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 0 g fiber; 245 mg sodium; 693 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Potassium (20% dv), Magnesium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- EatingWell Serves Two