Taking a minute to remove the skin from chicken breasts is definitely worth the effort—it trims off about 80% of the fat. In this recipe, a lively curry, lime and chutney glaze replaces the skin and ensures a succulent result.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts, (2 1/2-3 pounds total), skinned and trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 3 tablespoons prepared chutney, preferably Major Grey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, then rub all over with 4 teaspoons curry powder. Place bone-side up in prepared dish.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine chutney, lime juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder in a small bowl.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and spoon the chutney mixture on top. Bake until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve, spooning pan juices over the chicken.
Per serving: 232 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 107 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 43 g protein; 1 g fiber; 269 mg sodium; 570 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 71/2 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique