Taking a minute to remove the skin from chicken breasts is definitely worth the effort—it trims off about 80% of the fat. In this recipe, a lively curry, lime and chutney glaze replaces the skin and ensures a succulent result.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts, (2 1/2-3 pounds total), skinned and trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 3 tablespoons prepared chutney, preferably Major Grey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, then rub all over with 4 teaspoons curry powder. Place bone-side up in prepared dish.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine chutney, lime juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder in a small bowl.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and spoon the chutney mixture on top. Bake until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve, spooning pan juices over the chicken.
Per serving: 232 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 107 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 43 g protein; 1 g fiber; 269 mg sodium; 570 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 71/2 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique