Taking a minute to remove the skin from chicken breasts is definitely worth the effort—it trims off about 80% of the fat. In this recipe, a lively curry, lime and chutney glaze replaces the skin and ensures a succulent result.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts, (2 1/2-3 pounds total), skinned and trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 3 tablespoons prepared chutney, preferably Major Grey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, then rub all over with 4 teaspoons curry powder. Place bone-side up in prepared dish.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine chutney, lime juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder in a small bowl.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and spoon the chutney mixture on top. Bake until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve, spooning pan juices over the chicken.
Per serving: 232 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 107 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 43 g protein; 1 g fiber; 269 mg sodium; 570 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 71/2 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Entertaining, casual