Chunky Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Try this quick, full-flavored sun-dried tomato pesto with roasted vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soft or reconstituted and chopped (see Tip)
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Process sun-dried tomatoes, water, oil, garlic, pine nuts, vinegar, oregano and salt in a food processor until a rough pesto forms. Stir in cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Tips: For this recipe, look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil). If you can only find tomatoes that are very dry (and hard), soak in boiling water for about 20 minutes, then drain and chop them before using.
- To toast pine nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 61 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 165 mg sodium; 134 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- September/October 2010