Chunky Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Try this quick, full-flavored sun-dried tomato pesto with roasted vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soft or reconstituted and chopped (see Tip)
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Process sun-dried tomatoes, water, oil, garlic, pine nuts, vinegar, oregano and salt in a food processor until a rough pesto forms. Stir in cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Tips: For this recipe, look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil). If you can only find tomatoes that are very dry (and hard), soak in boiling water for about 20 minutes, then drain and chop them before using.
- To toast pine nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 61 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 165 mg sodium; 134 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- September/October 2010