I liked this. I wanted a blueberry sauce to go with fruit crepes. I didn't measure the lemon zest or juice, and just used the half lemon I had left. Found it somewhat thin, so I whisked in 1tsp of arrowroot and it made it super thick. Worked good as a filling instead of a sauce. We wrapped up double-layered crepes like tortillas.
Chunky Blueberry Sauce
Easy to make, this intensely flavored blueberry sauce is delicious at home on a stack of pancakes or a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt.
6 Reviews for Chunky Blueberry Sauce
I have made this 3 times now and enjoy it every time. I made it to accompany the Buttermilk-Oatmeal Pancakes yesterday and it was delicious - I did drizzle the pancakes with a little maple syrup, added the Chunky Blueberry Sauce and a dollop of cottage cheese on top! Excellent!
I actually didn't really care for this. I followed it to a T but it was overwhelmingly sour. That's too bad too it smelled and looked amazing....
A great alternative to macerated strawberries on angel food cake, topped with whipped cream. Whole family loved it, and the cake soaks up the juice well for a tasty treat.
This recipe is amazing!! Along with the ricotta blueberry pancakes breakfast/brunch totally rocks!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)