Chunky Blueberry Sauce
Easy to make, this intensely flavored blueberry sauce is delicious at home on a stack of pancakes or a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Stir blueberries, honey, lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; serve warm.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
Per tablespoon: 21 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 15 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique