Very good. I upped the cocoa to 1/3 cup, used only 3/4 cup sugar, left out the melted chocolate and replaced 2 of the eggs with Egg Beaters. This reduced the calories to 167 and 6 total grams of fat. I only had a 9x5 pan, so I made 6 muffins (30 min. baking time) and one 9x5 loaf (75 min. baking time).
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
In this recipe remake, we replaced much of the oil with fruit-based fat replacement, reduced the amount of unsweetened chocolate but added cocoa powder and used half as many nuts but toasted them for maximum flavor. The result retained the original's tender crumb and rich, chocolaty flavor with only one-third the fat.
17 Reviews for Chocolate Zucchini Bread
I made this and it was fabulous! And- I hate zucchini! I did add some chocolate chips because they're great in breads. I sprayed the pans liberally with cooking spray. One pan was a stone and the other was glass. Both are perfect and delicious! A great way to get the benefits of zucchini with enjoyment! Oh- and I baked them for 41 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, along with the nuts in a fine chop, less chunky for the kids.
This was delicious. I made muffins instead with a few changes
1. no walnuts
2. whole wheat pastry flour for whole wheat
3. Left out the unsweetened melted chocolate, but added another egg
4. Added chocolate chips. Yum!
It made 24 muffins which I baked at 350 for 18 minutes. They were perfect.
I thought the bread seemed dry and woody tasting due to the whole wheat flour. I even cooked it less than what it said.
Lets just say I was disappointed since a coworker gave me a large zucchini and I made a double batch to bring loaves into work.
I'm not a baker, but I was desperate for a recipe to use the abundance of zucchini from my garden. I try to eat healthy and avoid a lot of sugar, so I was glad when I found a recipe that used the apple sauce in place of some of the oil. This bread was so delicious. I can't wait until next summer when my garden is in bloom and my zucchini is ready! I will be making this recipe over and over again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)