From EatingWell: January/February 1993
Raspberry jam adds sheen and a fruity accent to this dessert sauce.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, or 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons framboise, (optional)
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa and arrowroot (or cornstarch) in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in water and jam. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in framboise, if using. Let cool slightly.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 44 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Valentine's Day
- January/February 1993