From EatingWell: January/February 1993
Raspberry jam adds sheen and a fruity accent to this dessert sauce.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, or 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons framboise, (optional)
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa and arrowroot (or cornstarch) in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in water and jam. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in framboise, if using. Let cool slightly.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 44 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Valentine's Day
- January/February 1993