From EatingWell: January/February 1993
Raspberry jam adds sheen and a fruity accent to this dessert sauce.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, or 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons framboise, (optional)
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa and arrowroot (or cornstarch) in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in water and jam. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in framboise, if using. Let cool slightly.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 44 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Valentine's Day
- January/February 1993