Chocolate-Raspberry Frozen Yogurt Pops
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Chocolate chips add a sweet counterpoint to these tangy bright-pink raspberry pops. Strawberries would work equally well.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style (see Note)
- 3-5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Puree raspberries, yogurt and sugar to taste in a food processor until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds, stopping about 1 inch from the top. Evenly divide chocolate chips among the molds. Stir the chips into the raspberry mixture, stirring out any air pockets at the same time. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds
- Ingredient Note: Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk, which gives the yogurt an extra-thick and creamy texture. Look for it with other yogurt in large supermarkets.
Per serving: 87 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 18 mg sodium; 69 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 nonfat milk, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2009