Chocolate-Raspberry Frozen Yogurt Pops
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Chocolate chips add a sweet counterpoint to these tangy bright-pink raspberry pops. Strawberries would work equally well.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style (see Note)
- 3-5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Puree raspberries, yogurt and sugar to taste in a food processor until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds, stopping about 1 inch from the top. Evenly divide chocolate chips among the molds. Stir the chips into the raspberry mixture, stirring out any air pockets at the same time. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds
- Ingredient Note: Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk, which gives the yogurt an extra-thick and creamy texture. Look for it with other yogurt in large supermarkets.
Per serving: 87 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 18 mg sodium; 69 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 nonfat milk, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 2009