Chocolate-Raspberry Frozen Yogurt Pops
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Chocolate chips add a sweet counterpoint to these tangy bright-pink raspberry pops. Strawberries would work equally well.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style (see Note)
- 3-5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Puree raspberries, yogurt and sugar to taste in a food processor until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds, stopping about 1 inch from the top. Evenly divide chocolate chips among the molds. Stir the chips into the raspberry mixture, stirring out any air pockets at the same time. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds
- Ingredient Note: Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk, which gives the yogurt an extra-thick and creamy texture. Look for it with other yogurt in large supermarkets.
Per serving: 87 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 18 mg sodium; 69 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 nonfat milk, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2009