From EatingWell: September/October 1996
Cocoa powder and chocolate chips give this luscious pudding a double-dose of chocolate flavor.
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated skim milk
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, (1 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk milk, brown sugar, egg, cocoa and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until the chips have melted. Transfer the pudding to a bowl and cover with wax paper to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
Per serving: 229 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber; 117 mg sodium; 388 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- September/October 1996
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)