From EatingWell: January/February 2013
Satisfy your sweet tooth (and your salty tooth!) simultaneously with this chocolate-dipped pretzel recipe. Cocoa nibs give these chocolate-dipped pretzels an extra layer of chocolaty flavor.
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 24 pretzel twists, preferably whole-wheat, or 12 pretzel rods, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs (see Tip)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a small glass bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. (Alternatively, melt in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.)
- Dip half of each pretzel piece into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the dipped pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle cocoa nibs over the chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Cocoa nibs, which are bits of roasted and hulled cocoa beans, are crunchy and have a pure (unsweetened) chocolate taste. Some brands of nibs are coarser than others. You can find them at large grocery stores, gourmet retailers or online at chocosphere.com.
Per serving: 35 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Low carbohydrate
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- January/February 2013