From EatingWell: January/February 1993
For a touch of romantic whimsy, cook the pancakes and stamp them into hearts with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/3 cup Chocolate-Raspberry Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together egg white, milk, oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and gradually whisk in the liquid mixture, stirring just until combined. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes, or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-low heat. Make 3 to 4 pancakes, using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter per pancake, in the pan and cook until the underside is browned and the bubbles on top remain open, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Turn the pancakes over and cook until the underside is browned, about 15 seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Arrange the pancakes on dessert plates. Top with scoops of frozen yogurt and Chocolate-Raspberry Sauce. Garnish with raspberries.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Pancake batter can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour.
Per serving: 302 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 66 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 226 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 4 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 1993
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)