From EatingWell: January/February 1993
For a touch of romantic whimsy, cook the pancakes and stamp them into hearts with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/3 cup Chocolate-Raspberry Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together egg white, milk, oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and gradually whisk in the liquid mixture, stirring just until combined. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes, or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-low heat. Make 3 to 4 pancakes, using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter per pancake, in the pan and cook until the underside is browned and the bubbles on top remain open, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Turn the pancakes over and cook until the underside is browned, about 15 seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Arrange the pancakes on dessert plates. Top with scoops of frozen yogurt and Chocolate-Raspberry Sauce. Garnish with raspberries.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Pancake batter can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour.
Per serving: 302 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 66 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 226 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 4 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 1993