From EatingWell: January/February 1993
For a touch of romantic whimsy, cook the pancakes and stamp them into hearts with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/3 cup Chocolate-Raspberry Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together egg white, milk, oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and gradually whisk in the liquid mixture, stirring just until combined. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes, or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-low heat. Make 3 to 4 pancakes, using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter per pancake, in the pan and cook until the underside is browned and the bubbles on top remain open, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Turn the pancakes over and cook until the underside is browned, about 15 seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Arrange the pancakes on dessert plates. Top with scoops of frozen yogurt and Chocolate-Raspberry Sauce. Garnish with raspberries.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Pancake batter can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour.
Per serving: 302 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 66 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 226 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 4 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 1993