From EatingWell: Winter 2003
Chocolate and orange are a sublime pairing. This is a good lower-fat chocolate sauce for ice cream, cake or fruit fondue.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- Whisk sugar and cocoa in a small heavy saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk until a smooth paste forms. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer, whisking constantly, for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in orange-poaching syrup (or orange liqueur). Let cool.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Per tablespoon: 54 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 7 mg sodium; 27 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Winter 2003