Chocolate-Hazelnut Banana Splits
Chopped hazelnuts and a Nutella-based sauce make the perfect topping for bananas and frozen yogurt.
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 4 bananas
- 1 pint vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, or low-fat ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup Chocolate-Hazelnut Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Toast hazelnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until lightly colored and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Peel bananas and cut in half lengthwise. Arrange 2 banana halves on each dessert plate. Place a scoop of frozen yogurt (or ice cream) in the center of each banana split and top with Chocolate-Hazelnut Sauce. Garnish with hazelnuts and serve.
Per serving: 317 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 64 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 4 g fiber; 90 mg sodium; 661 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (24% daily value), Calcium (20% dv), Fiber (18% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Super Bowl
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)