Chocolate-Dipped Graham Crackers
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
Chocolate-dipped graham crackers make a satisfying after-dinner treat. Customize this chocolate-dipped graham cracker recipe by topping with your favorite dehydrated fruit.
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 whole graham crackers, preferably whole-wheat, broken into 4 rectangles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped or crumbled dehydrated fruit (see Tip), such as raspberries or bananas
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a small glass bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. (Alternatively, melt in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.)
- Dip half of each graham cracker piece into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the dipped pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle dehydrated fruit over the chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Look for pouches of dehydrated for freeze-dried fruits with other healthy snacks in natural-foods stores or large supermarkets.
Per serving: 31 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2013