Chocolate-Dipped Graham Crackers
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
Chocolate-dipped graham crackers make a satisfying after-dinner treat. Customize this chocolate-dipped graham cracker recipe by topping with your favorite dehydrated fruit.
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 whole graham crackers, preferably whole-wheat, broken into 4 rectangles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped or crumbled dehydrated fruit (see Tip), such as raspberries or bananas
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a small glass bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. (Alternatively, melt in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.)
- Dip half of each graham cracker piece into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the dipped pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle dehydrated fruit over the chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Look for pouches of dehydrated for freeze-dried fruits with other healthy snacks in natural-foods stores or large supermarkets.
Per serving: 31 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2013