Chocolate-Dipped Graham Crackers
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
Chocolate-dipped graham crackers make a satisfying after-dinner treat. Customize this chocolate-dipped graham cracker recipe by topping with your favorite dehydrated fruit.
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 whole graham crackers, preferably whole-wheat, broken into 4 rectangles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped or crumbled dehydrated fruit (see Tip), such as raspberries or bananas
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a small glass bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. (Alternatively, melt in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.)
- Dip half of each graham cracker piece into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the dipped pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle dehydrated fruit over the chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Look for pouches of dehydrated for freeze-dried fruits with other healthy snacks in natural-foods stores or large supermarkets.
Per serving: 31 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- January/February 2013