The classic combination of chocolate and hazelnut is the perfect dipping sauce for any combination of fruits and cakes.
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 1 pint strawberries
- 3 kiwis, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 5 1/2 ounces cubed angel food cake
- Place Chocolate-Hazelnut Sauce in a bowl in the center of a large platter. Arrange strawberries, kiwi slices, orange sections and angel food cake cubes around the sauce. Serve with toothpicks or fondue forks.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The sauce will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Per serving: 285 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 61 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 6 g fiber; 175 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 84 mg Vitamin C (140% daily value), 25% dv Fiber.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Valentine's Day
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)