When you need a chocolate fix, these rich-tasting morsels will do the trick.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 ounce finely chopped unsweetened chocolate, (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioners' sugar, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl the pan until the butter is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk in sugar. Add egg white, flour, cocoa, unsweetened chocolate, vanilla and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until set in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Immediately transfer the cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. (If the cookies begin to stick before all are removed, return the pan briefly to the oven.) Dust the cookies with confectioners' sugar if using.
Per cookie: 38 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 23 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more