When you need a chocolate fix, these rich-tasting morsels will do the trick.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 ounce finely chopped unsweetened chocolate, (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Confectioners' sugar, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl the pan until the butter is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk in sugar. Add egg white, flour, cocoa, unsweetened chocolate, vanilla and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until set in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Immediately transfer the cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. (If the cookies begin to stick before all are removed, return the pan briefly to the oven.) Dust the cookies with confectioners' sugar if using.
Per cookie: 38 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 23 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation