This makes a very satisfying chocolate pie. The instructions about whisking ingredients over heat are poor. I kept whisking until the mixture tightened up. Have faith - it will eventually. Then whisk a minute or two longer. I did not bother to strain it.
Chocolate Cream Pie
From EatingWell: November/December 2012
Chocolate cream pie isn’t just a diner special—it’s the perfect dessert for any celebration. We love the added flair of chocolate curls on top, but a pretty dollop of whipped cream on each piece would look just as elegant.
5 Reviews for Chocolate Cream Pie
Just like the other reviews I followed the directions exactly and it came out horrible. The directions about cooking the egg mixture was unclear and although I knew it didn't look right I didnt want to mess up the directions so I followed it exactly and when I woke up in the morning the cake was like soup. I'm so dissappointed because I was looking forward to cooking this pie and now I not only wasted my time but ingredients as well. Live and learn I guess.
The instructions were unclear about how to long to cook the filling. I probably cooked it at least 15-20 minutes, and refrigerated overnight. The pie also was soupy in the morning, just like the other reviewer. I double-checked my measurements and followed the recipe exactly.
I followed all directions and refrigerated overnight, and in the morning the pie was soup. I thought it was very unclear about how long to stir the filling while cooking. There were bubbles around the edges during the whole process; not sure how long till it was supposed to be done.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)