OMG! The other day I was begging my sister to make me chocolate dipped banana's..and she didn't have the time...and so I suprised her with these and we are now addicted to putting coconut on frozen banana's. Why didn't we ever think of this in the first place!! OMG! OMG!
Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Kids will love dipping bananas in melted chocolate and rolling them in coconut to make this tasty frozen treat.
8 Reviews for Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
Such any easy dessert! When the bananas are frozen, they take on a creamy texture, almost like frozen yogourt. I didn't end up dipping mine, but spreading the chocolate on them with a butter knife. I will try rolling them in nuts or sprinkles next time. : )
This is the perfect summer treat. They are super easy to make! I did end up "painting" the chocolate on the bananas with a spoon because the dipping wasn't working well. The finished product was better than I expected. It kinda made me realize that those Yonana machines (infomercial) might be good. When the banana froze, it had the consistency of frozen yogurt. So good! Will definitely make them again!
I really enjoyed these. I felt like I was getting away with eating something naughty :o)
I will try the prefrozen bananas next time. I found that when using the fresh bananas, the warm chocolate caused the banana's flesh to get slippery. Made for a difficult time.
I used chopped peanuts and walnuts to dip them in.
we made this for a simple friday night dessert. but instead of coconut, we rolled them in chopped peanuts. my 4 yr old loved them. you could also try candy sprinkles.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)